Monday, June 04, 2007

Carnival Weekend!

Lots of fun was had by all.

Friday we went to Boomers. Kyla was allowed to go on almost all the King Arthur rides. McKenna even went on the tea cups by herself. Too cute!

Friday night my Mom watched the girls (thanks again Mom!) and Erick and I had dinner at Spaghetti Factory (Italian food + a side salad is a consistent craving so far). Knocked Up was really, really funny. A LOT of cursing and unrelated nudity which surprised me. But it was still hilarious. They played the cutest song at the end called Daughter by Loudon Wainwright. Might have to pick up the album now!

Saturday our community was having the annual Summerfest Carnival so we took the kids. We made sure to leave before the American Idol fruitfest so we took the girls to the park next door for a bit.

Erick worked a midnight-8am shift that night so after the girls were in bed I dropped by Borders and picked up some more of the Tiara Club series for McKenna. We're WAY into this series right now. ; ) Then I picked up some CPK to-go (you gotta try the Avocado Club Egg Rolls. Soooo good!) Curled up with my yummy food and The Queen. Relaxing night!

Sunday we went to the Chili Cook-Off with my sister and fam. It was suuuuper crowded!

Pictures of the whole weekend

I am totally exhausted. Lucky for me, Erick is treating me to a mani/pedi/eyebrow wax at the Glen Ivy Day Spa tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. I need some beauty touch-ups but I can't color my hair until second trimester. So this will be just the pick-me-up I need!

Have a good night!

3 comments:

LadyHAHA said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend Shannon! Sorry I couldn't join you for the chili fest...stupid house repairs.

Hope you ate an extra bowl for me!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, fun weekend! You live in such a fun little community. We don't even see our neighbors. It's very bizarre.

As for the hair color, what about Henna? It is an all natural color made from plant extracts, I believe. I was going to give it a whirl but haven't been brave enough just yet. It is sitting in my bathroom cabinet waiting for me to work up the courage. Other hair color gives me a horrible headache so I thought I would go the natural route. On the plus side it only lasts for a couple weeks so if you don't like the color you aren't stuck with it.

Enjoy your spa day!

Trude said...

Ok, so I linked to your blog from DST, and have to say: OMG we're totally neighbors! I live in Tustin, and I was going to spend the day on Sunday in old town since we can practically walk there, but wound up going to this awesome old hotel in Pasadena that they only open to the public twice a year.

How funny is that? Sometimes it seems like I never see anyone that lives near me in the digiscrap community. And I have to say "mmm" for CPK and the Yardhouse. ;-)

I'm sure you'll have tons of fun at Glen Ivy - my girlfriends and I did that in April since they're such a steal during the week! Totally good for the soul...and body. :)