Sunday, March 04, 2007

Oops, Fell Behind Again!

I'm tryyyyying to make time for all the things I have to do and all the things I want to do. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

So let's see....what's new.

I finished my book You Remind Me of Me. I adored it. Very smart but not complicated. Extremely intuitive to human nature. I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

I decided that the next book I want to read (or re-read rather) is The Great Gatsby. I know I read it in high school but I had an attitude about any book I was forced to read. I did enjoy a lot of the books from my English Lit. classes but I'm sure I didn't retain much from them. So this one I wanna read again. I asked Erick if he'd stop at Borders while I made dinner and he picked up the book and he also surprised me by buying me The Devil Wears Prada. I had just happened to mention in passing that I'd like to have it because it's one of those fun, light movies you can put on and not have to concentrate on too much so it was sweet that he remembered and got it for me.

Speaking of movies - When we were watching The Prestige the other night, I saw a preview for The Queen. I am totally looking forward to this coming out! I don't know why but it just looks so interesting to me and I'm not exactly from a generation that cares about the goings-on of the royal family. Still though...it just looks fascinating.

Aside from reading and movies, I've been stepping up my workout routines. I've moved from just doing two of the 10 minute routines on this video to doing all 5 routines (so 50-minutes of pilates):


Or one of the two 40 minute routines on this dvd:


Or the full 40 minute routine on this dvd:


I love having the variety and I've definitely noticed a difference in my strength and posture. It's always been a chore to make myself work out but lately I've been really insistent about it. I think it serves as a nice break from sitting at the computer so as soon as the girls go down for their naps, I usually get right to it. I tried working out while they were awake but that did not work. LOL! McKenna was right up next to me trying to do the exercises with me. I kept having to scooch away so I'd have room but she'd just scooch even closer. And then Kyla thought it was a game and spent the whole time either climbing under me or trying to climb on top of me. LOL! It was funny though!

AND....trying to make more time for myself to scrap. I did 4 layouts in the past week! That's pretty good!!

I Love Being Your Mommy



My First Job


Everything



Rock and Roll


Erick's vacation is over now. Boo. We're getting back to our normal routine. We skipped McKenna's dance class yesterday because every time she sneezed she would scream that her ear popped. We called the ped. and they said it's probably just fluid build up but I didn't want to have her upset during her class so we stayed home. Plus Kyla was covered in hives. I think it was a reaction to some steak she ate the night before. She is ALWAYS mooching off our plates. She prefers grown up food. She's never had a reaction before so we didn't think anything of the fact that it was marinaded in wasabi and soy - both new to her. So we think the hives were a reaction to one of those. In the morning she was covered in hives and it made her constipated and now she's having a reverse reaction, if you know what I'm sayin'. Poor little thing.

Quick little funny before I go - while the girls were eating lunch, I took out the garbage. I came back and in and Mckenna said "Mom, where did you go?" I said "I just took out the garbage." She said "Well DUH!" LOL duh? Where did she learn duh?

6 comments:

Brittany said...

OMGosh, I'm soooo excited to see Queen. I had absolutely no interest until I saw the Oscars, and now I'm dying to see it. That's never happened before.

Anonymous said...

A little heads up for you, The Devil Wears Prada is much different than the movie.

You have totally motivated me to bust out some workout videos. I appreciate the suggestions. I pretty much know my Winsor pilates DVDs word for word. Of course I haven't done them for about a year...

Anonymous said...

LOL "Well DUH Ma!"

That must just be me actually. When I was little, my cousins would always make fun of me for calling my Mom "Ma". I still do.

I read like 80% of Devil years ago... never finished it. But I do love the movie so I think I'll have to re-visit the book.

Reel Fanatic said...

The Queen definitely lives up to all its hype .. it's as witty as it is touching, and Dame Mirren is simply astounding

Anonymous said...

We must be on the same movie wavelength lately, LOL. For some reason I've been interested to see Queen too and really it seems like not my thing, yet there you go, I wanna see it.

I get on kicks too where I want to read classics too. Because I want to be able to say that I've read them, kwim? So I've read several, and I've attempted The Great Gatsby several times. I WANT to like it, I can just never get into it enough to finish it.

Lindsay said...

Hi! I just wanted to "de-lurk" and say that I LOVE your "Everything" LO...that picture of you and your husband is so "real" and completely endearing. Oh and about Kyla's hives...obviously I have no idea for sure, but I do know that babies get hives very frequently when they have a virus-usually at the end of it as it is leaving their body. My son has had them a couple of times but I also learned it in college! :) If caused by a virus, they are really benign and don't usually bother the child-maybe some mild itching or discomfort. They should usually go away in a couple of days! (i totally didn't mean to sound like a COMPLETE know-it-all just now)