Thursday, February 08, 2007

Well that's just ridiculous!

Almost 3 weeks since I blogged last? What did I start this blog for in the first place? So I wouldn't forget the little details of these days with my kids when they were young and saying and doing all sorts of cute things (like Kyla walking around with her pajamas wrapped around her shoulders and a sun hat on her head, taking all my measuring cups one by one and dropping them in my lap....that's what she's doing right now. LOL!) I really have to try to get back to the thing where I just blog little blurbs at the end of the day, every day. Because since starting DST, I'm so busy that I barely have time to scrap and if I can't even make time to journal then how am I gonna preserve these memories with my babies??

So that's what I'll try to do. I'll try to blog at the end of the day. Otherwise, if I save up the journaling, I end up with these epic posts.

Brief updates:

Kyla had her 15 month appointment. She was 31 1/2 inches and 22 lbs. 9 oz. That means she's 75th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. For those who don't know what that translates to - tall and thin. Basically, my theory is holding true. McKenna will be built like Mommy, Kyla will be built like her Auntie.

McKenna got the info for her spring dance recital and she is very excited to do "another dance show". I'm not sure what song they're doing or what they're costumes will be yet. I just know that this costume will be more expensive then the last one because this show is supposed to be bigger I think. They're charging tickets for this event (the holiday recital was free) and we only get ONE free parent ticket! Crazy! Thankfully, tickets will go on sale early so hopefully we can be sure to get enough for all of our family who want to be there. They have a costume fitting on April 28th, dress rehearsal and professional photos on May 15th and then the recital is May 19th. It should be fun!

McKenna also is begging to take a "gymnacksicks" (gymnastics) class. So we're gonna look into the schedules and see. Ideally, I'd love to find a tumbling class that both she and Kyla can take together. Maybe at the community center they'll have something....

For those who knew....Erick's leg is doing better. Still sore but definitely improving. For those who didn't know, he strained his Achilles Tendon during a softball game and was on crutches and bedrest for a week. It was REALLY crummy. He was in a bad mood because he physically couldn't do anything except sit and read magazines (which sounds pretty sweet but when you're FORCED to do that, it actually isn't all that fun). I was stressed because as it is, we're a busy family and then when you take one person out of the helping equation, it's really hard to get everything done! To top it all off, we had CHA to prepare for so it was crazy busy for us. But like I've always said - whatever NEEDS to get done will get done and everything else just has to fall by the wayside.

CHA was a very, very successful experience! It was a blast to get to meet so many of the awesome ladies from the digital community and have a chance to build on those relationships as well as network with a few companies that either had not heard of or had just recently heard of DST. Special thanks to my Dad for getting up at the wee hours of the morning to watch the girls so that Erick and I could attend the Shutterfly breakfast (and to Mom who was willing to take a day off work if Dad couldn't do it).

Here are some pics from CHA (most of the digi-girls have probably seen this but for any family that might be interested). Now let's see if I remember to blog tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! I check everyday to see what's going on with you and your little family. I figured you were swamped w/ DST stuff. Thanks so much for your fever advice for Zoƫ. I appreciated it! I didn't know about Erick's leg. That sucks. I am glad he is doing better. You are completely right, bed rest sounds so much more fun than it actually is.