Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Movies

Marie Antoinette was excellent. I got really wrapped up in it and when it was over, I was disappointed only because I wanted to know more about Marie Antoinette and I didn't want the movie to end where it did. I've actually been researching her on the internet just because I'm sort of fascinated by her now. I think Jason Schwartzman was my favorite. He was sort of dorky but lovable and even though their marriage wasn't exactly the greatest love story ever told, they had a sweet friendship and respect for each other (at least as portrayed in the film). There's also a really fun shoe scene. Sofia Coppola totally knows her audience. ; ) Oh and I highly recommend the soundtrack. Siouxie and the Banshees, The Cure, The Strokes - and the instrumental songs are beautiful.

On the other hand, my sister, Mom and I went to see Catch & Release tonight. Boo. Seriously. It was bad. Bad writing, bad directing, bad casting, bad acting. For something marketed as a feel-good movie, they sure screwed up that forumla but good. It was overly-complicated and hardly feel-good. I rarely grade girly movies too low because I don't have high expectations for chick flicks. But this one was an F for sure. Best thing about the movie: The Raisinettes.

It looks like the girls are on the mend. They still have coughs and runny noses but at least they aren't coughing so hard they're throwing up anymore. They seem to be sleeping better too. Thanks for all the well-wishes. :) We just stayed close to home for two days and got all caught up on housework, laundry, sleep, etc. Even though the girls were sick, they were in good moods so it was a relatively easy two days.

I had been wanting to do DigiDare #21 and now weeks later, I finally got around to it. I had to share this because the interview was so cute. My favorite part is her last answer:

If you want to see credits, click here.

Off to sleep. It's my day to get up with the girls and I'm hoping to get an appointment for a touch-up on my highlights tomorrow. Yay! Maybe a little shopping after I get my hair done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your girls are feeling better! Zoe's sick again too so we are doing the same thing here: movies, snuggling, cleaning. I may just try ordering some groceries online too. I have been wanting to try that ever since I read it on your blog. :) Your layout is gorgeous. I am off to give it some love.

Shawna said...

We saw Catch & Release a few weeks ago & I actually liked it! But then I love Jennifer Garner!

Glad the girls are feeling better, mine are finally getting over their ear infections from last week so I know how it feels :)

LadyHAHA said...

HAHAHAHAHA! McKenna wants a talking puppy! Me too!!!

Hilarious!

I'm not a fan of Kirsten Dunst but I have heard nothing but good things about Marie Antoinette so I'm gonna see if its on my On Demand thingy for my cable this weekend.