Friday, February 16, 2007

Poor Sick McKenna

Well today was not exciting by any means. But I'm liking this blogging-daily thing. I have been feeling so guilty that I can't scrap as much as I used to and preserving the little memories is really important to me. This has made it so much easier to track the little things. I was NOT remembering them all when I was just blogging once a week.

Anyway, today we stayed home, had our groceries delivered (that was AWESOME) and I worked on DST projects. Erick took the girls to Toys R Us because we had promised McKenna that if she cleaned up her own messes for a whole week she could have a toy. She did just that and even took it upon herself to teach her sister how to pick up her messes. McKenna definitely gets that cleaning up is important to me. She'll clean up her own breakfast mess and then tell me "I cleaned up my mess real good for you Mommy." I'm not saying she's always good about cleaning up her own mess but when she remembers, she gets that it's something I feel is important.

So anyway, he took them to TRU (thanks for the gift cards Mike & Aly!) and McKenna picked out the Dora the Explorer Fairy Wishes and for Kyla they picked out a plush Curious George doll. Once she got home and we opened it for her, she gave him a big hug and said "I you bobby" (I love you baby). So sweet!

McKenna didn't nap at all today and by 7pm she was MOODY. By the time I got her dressed for bed, she was super clingy and crying. She was getting really sleepy and I rubbed her back and she told me her ear popped. Uh-oh. Ear infection? So we put her down for bed and an hour later she woke up with a 101.2 underarm temp. :( I hate when my babies are sick.

Anyway, Erick has a couple of friends over and they're playing with their Wii's. (He He). I'm getting back to work and maaaaaaaaybe treating myself to some Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream. Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, she probably got that from our house. Both of the boys were sick this week. And Gavin's started the night OF the birthday party. Ugh. If it makes it any better it is relatively short lived and no throw ups or anything :( Sorry McKenna Riley. I love you! And I hope you feel better soon.

Melissa Ives said...

I hope McKenna feels better soon. and that little Kyla doesn't come down with it.

Lol on the Wii. My DH is playing with his Wii right now too...hee, hee.

LadyHAHA said...

Awwww. Poor McKenna! I hope she feels better!

Have I mentioned that I want my very on Wii (wii) to play with???

God Bless Nintendo for choosing that name...

Anonymous said...

I hope McKenna is feeling better today. Poor little sweetie.

We got a Wii last weekend and I was telling Kelly that McKenna is awesome at bowling and that we have to teach Zoe. So we will be playing with our Wii tonight. Hee hee.