Sunday, November 19, 2006

Can You Wear a Jumphouse on Your Head?

McKenna: "Look Mom. I made Tendu."
Me: "Actually, this is Tendu."
McKenna (examining her feet): "It looks like Tendu."
Changing position....McKenna: "Look Mom, I made plie."
Me: "Wow, that is an excellent plie."
McKenna: "Yeah, I'm a good dancer. Mom? I wanna go to dance class again someday."
Me: "Ok, well there isn't any class next week but the week after that we'll go. And we get to go buy your costume for dance class. You get a new leotard and new tights AND.....Miss Valerie has something special for your costume!"
Eyes wide...McKenna: "What is it?"
Me: "I don't know but we'll find out soon."
McKenna: "I think it's a jump house!"
Laughing....Me: "A jump house? How are you gonna wear a jump house?"
McKenna: "I'll wear it on my head."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

McKenna cut her own hair. Yep. She found the little scissors that Erick uses to trim his goatee. All that practice cutting that her teacher has us doing at home? Well, it's safe to say she knows how to use scissors now. She gave herself bangs. Luckily, it's not very noticeable. In fact, I didn't even realize it until Erick came walking out of the bathroom with a chunk of hair he found sitting in his drawer. But nonetheless, she was in mucho trouble when she woke up this morning. She really is just like her Auntie! LOL! Mel did this same thing when she was about 6 years old. Only hers WAS noticeable. (Don't worry Mel, I won't post a picture. Ha ha!)

The funny thing is, it actually kind of looks good?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kyla has really been talking up a storm lately. She's starting to do that thing where she will just ramble on and on in gibberish. She's using inflections and facial expressions while she talks so even though it's not any words that we understand, you can almost tell what she's expressing just by the way she says it all. And of course, it does remind me a little bit of the scene in Billy Madison when Adam Sandler comes to dinner and starts speaking gibberish to all of his Dad's clients. "Shala hoo hoo. Shaba doo." Fun times.

3 comments:

TheCatLord said...

soooooo cute! kenna thought she just needed a little trim i guess!

meems said...

your daughters sound so cute!
Cutting hair seems to be a common kid activity. My kids (2.5 and 5) try to cut each other's and my hair! And when I was little I cut my sister's hair.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I love the cute kiddie stories. :) I think it may be time to hide all the scissors...even the tiny ones. It is amazing the things toddlers think up isn't it?