Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ok, back in business...

I think I'm a little more caught up around our home. I mean, now that I've said it we will probably all get the flu or something and the whole organized household will fall apart again. But on this day, at this hour, I feel organized. Finally got ALL the laundry washed and folded and put away. I cleaned out my closet. You should see the mountain of clothes I'm getting rid of. I am the worst about letting go of clothes. But the fact is, most of it was old and does not fit my body anymore. Pregnancy just changes the body. Even if you lose all your baby weight, your body is just different. Some ways better, some ways worse. But the fact remains....clothes just fit differently. I use to always buy shirts that didn't go over my hips because they made me look fat. Now I can't wear short shirts at all and longer shirts actually make me look leaner. WTH?!? So I got rid of at least half of my closet and I'm left with a pretty decent wardrobe now. I think before all my cute clothes got lost in the mass of older clothes. I didn't even realize how much cute stuff I still had! Anyway, feeling much better about my new closet and drawer space. Next task is to tackle McKenna's dresser and closet. I think laundry will seem less daunting if I don't have to look forward to trying to stuff all of our clean stuff into overpacked closets and drawers.

Kyla is doing GREAT in her room all by herself! The first night or two, when I'd go to bed, I was a little sad to see her empty bassinet. But she's been a great sleeper since so how can I complain? Most nights she's been sleeping 11 hours straight. I think she woke up at 3am the other night and stayed up for 40 minutes (which she never stays up that long!) but you know why? TEETHING! She is getting her first tooth! I was shocked! With McKenna, at 3 months people were already saying "Maybe she's an early teether." So for months and months we kept waiting for that first tooth to pop up. Nothing until she was 8 1/2 months old. Then with Kyla....boom. 3 1/2 months. It's so true that what one kid will do, the other will do the opposite. McKenna took a paci about 2 times in her life then hated it. Kyla took it more regularly then weaned herself at 3 months. McKenna needed to be put to sleep every night until she was about 11 months old. Kyla NEEDS to be put to bed before she'll fall asleep. McKenna would nap in the car or stroller for the longest time. Kyla (IF she falls asleep) will only sleep for 30 minutes max in the car or stroller. McKenna hated the swing. Kyla naps in the swing for every nap. The list goes on and on.

But they do have one thing in common - they completely adore each other. It is obvious that their most favorite person in the whole world is their sister. I know they will be like any sisters and have their fights. But I have no doubt they will be the best of friends.

While I'm being a smidge sentimental...I have to recommend a book. It's called I Love You So... and the first time I read it, I got choked up. It's not a sad book, it's just exactly how I feel about my kids. I know a lot of people like "I'll Love You Forever" but that book is a little bit creepy in the end. And a lot of people like "Guess How Much I Love You" but c'mon....how hard is it to read when the two characters are named Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare. This book is the perfect sentiment book, IMO. It's not just cute little analogies of how much you love your kids. It also talks about how you love them even when they misbehave and no matter where in the world they go...that you'll always love them. It's so sweet. AND (for you scrappers) lot's of scrappable quotes!!

So my uber-talented friend Jenn tagged me on her blog for the "2 For The Road" quiz. So here goes...


2 names you go by:

Punkin and Mommy

2 parts of your heritage:

Irish & German

2 things that scare you:
Reckless drivers and stray dogs

2 of your everyday essentials:
Coffee, a Yankee candle tart (today's is Sunflower Days).

2 things you are wearing right now:
Pink velour track pants, black cotton shirt with NY&CO in rhinestones.

2 of your favorite bands or musical artists (at the moment):
Black Eyed Peas, Van Morrison

2 favorite songs (at the moment):
Pump It (BEP) and Ballerina (VM)

2 things you want in a relationship (other than real love):

Going with Jenn on this one - lots of laughter and total trust!


2 truths:

I haven't made my bed yet and it's driving me nuts.
I ate a hard-boiled egg and 1/2 a peach for breakfast plus 3 cups of coffee. Caffeine + protein + natural sugar....I'm ready to bounce off the walls right now.

2 physical things that appeal to you (in the opposite sex):
A strong, genuine laugh
Eye contact

2 of your favorite hobbies:
Digital scrapping
Writing


2 things you want really badly:

A laptop
A steam cleaner for the carpet


2 places you want to go on vacation:

New York, Italy

2 things you want to do before you die:
Finish scrapbooks for each of my kids
Get over my fear of driving

2 ways that you are stereotypically a chick:
I love to shop.
I love chick flicks and chick lit.

2 things you are thinking about now:
I think both girls need a diaper change.
I need to go make my bed before I go crazy thinking about it.

2 stores you shop at:
Well I recently discovered that I can suddenly fit into clothes from Hollister & CO. So I do think that's quickly gonna become a favorite since they have so many cute tanks and henleys. Or not since everyone I've encountered that works there is a snob. And Express.

2 people I would like to see take this quiz:
Alyson & Kim

Ok, one photo to share. My nephews came over for a playdate on Friday. It's impossible to get a pic of 4 little ones all looking in the same direction.












And my recent LO's:

Little

Credits: Kit is Dana Zarling's Cherry Limeade. Font is Grandjean (except the question mark which is Problem Secretary).












Sweet Summer Memories

This was my favorite of McKenna's summer dresses and this kit was perfect for the pic. I wanted to make the photo kind of like a snapshot of my memory since nothing was going on at the moment other then I thought she was a cute little girl in a cute summer dress.
Credits: Papers and flowers are from Gina Miller's "Joy of Scrapping: Berrylicious" collection. Charm/brad from Gina Miller's "Charming Scraps: Floral" collection. Stitching from Gina Miller's "Stitch Essentials 2: Perfectly Imperfect" collection (everything available at www.scrapbook-bytes.com). Doodle by Taran Conyers. White wood overlay by Nancie Rowe Janitz. Fonts are: Anke Calligraphic FG, Jane Austen, Artistamp.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Aaahhhh! McKenna is so, so, so adorable. Love the LO with her summer dress!

I have also had a productive day (so far). But of course, I needed a break and ended up blog surfing (blurfing)? Bad, Kim.

Anyway, I have to agree with you on Hollister. When they first opened the store at UTC in San Diego, I thought it was the best thing ever. But I stopped going after a month or so because the teenagers that work there were so rude, and I got the feeling they were looking at me like, "What the H-E-double hockey sticks is this older girl doing in here." Oh well.

Have a great day! :)

Shannon Bieger said...

LOL it is EXACTLY like that! They actually SMIRKED at me when I went in! Little snots!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation on the kids' book - I am always looking for good ones.

Love those pages too!

And thanks for taking that little quiz - I loved learning a little more about you.

Jen said...

my kids are so opposite as well- micah a late teether and addie early. so strange! the sleep differently, react to things differently, but like your own two, they completely adore one another.
I love those los. So cute!
Another book I recommend is...You are my I Love You. It is really cute :)

MirandaLea said...

Bite your tongue about that whole flu thing! lol I just had to let you know, I LOVE the photo effect you used on the "Sweet Summer Memories" LO. It's so cute! Great page!

The Gilles Family said...

I love your family! You're all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Um yes. I am going to have to never allow you to fold laundry and clean closets every again! Not as many new blog posts, board posts, e-mails, etc etc etc. It's just not working for me!!! ;)