Monday, November 21, 2005

Recipe Tag!

Here are the rules - if you're tagged then you need to post a favorite recipe. PREFERABLY one that you consider your own, a signature recipe, a family recipe, or a unique recipe. If you don't have anything like that, then just post one that you like to make and want to share. After you've posted your recipe, tag 2 people so that they can share too.

Be sure that when you are tagged you include a link back to the blogger that tagged you first. And then include a link to the two bloggers that you are tagging next. The key to the game is to be able follow the links all over blogdome and pick up a ton of great recipes along the way. Also, feel free to share more than one recipe!

My recipe is my own. It's

Shannon's SOUPER New England Clam Chowder


Ingredients:

6 slices bacon, chopped wide
3 green onions, chopped
4 medium/small red potatoes – peeled & chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 cups milk
4 basil leaves, chopped
13 oz. baby clams (fancy whole) with liquid

Instructions:
Use a large, heavy saucepan and saute bacon until mostly crisp.
Add green onions & potatoes. Sautee for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour. Add milk and stir to blend. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
Lower heat to low/medium and simmer, stirring regularly until potatoes are tender. (10-15 minutes).
Stir in salt and pepper to mixture. Add the clams and their liquid. Add the whipping cream.
Heat the soup, stirring, just until simmering. Do not boil or clams will toughen.
Sprinkle with parsley and basil. Serve at once with bread or crackers.

And tag you're it:
Gina
Alyson (I'm gonna get you to start updating that blog damn it! LOL!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok ironic story. For Christmas Eve, I told my Mom I was going to make my rather tasty carrot soup. Then she said "maybe you should do clam chowder", since an Italian tradition is to do lots of seafood on Christmas Eve. SO then I thought "well I've never made it before but my friend MARE B. has a SOUPER recipe for this sort of thing!" And then before I remember to ask you, you post it!

I will def. get on this! Give me until tomorrow night. My Blog entry for tomorrow morning is already cluttered up with crafts galore. LOL!

Shannon Bieger said...

LOL Mare B. I thought my last name was Samsonite. You were way off!