Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work, work, work, hot husband, work, cheesecake

So today I just worked, worked, worked my little fingers to the bone allll day long. We're working on a site redesign for DST so I had to do some things to prepare for that. The girls fought like cats and dogs with each other (Kyla is discovering the joy of antagonizing her big sister). They did have many snuggleful moments but they seemed to really be frustrating each other today. When we were driving home tonight, they were fighting because Kyla had her foot too close to McKenna's carseat for her liking. This just made Erick and I laugh. The sibling bickering has begun!

Erick had an important business interview today and he had to wear a suit. He hasn't had a new suit in about 15 years so he had to go buy one and have it tailored in 24-hours. Doesn't he look nice all spiffed up?



He he, you like how I dressed that pic up? You know what was so sweet? When he came home, he brought me flowers! A beautiful basket bouquet (which looks perfect on our new console) and a little note that said "Happy Tuesday. I love you." So sweet!! I'm so lucky to have a thoughtful husband who is really, really, really, really ridiculously good looking (10 points if you can name that movie).

We decided to go out for dinner tonight. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and OMG I ate so much I feel overstuffed. I am the kind of person who cannot overeat or else I'll get sick. My stomach does this weird thing that if I eat just one bite too much, I will literally throw up just the amount of 1 bite and feel better. No, I do not force myself too. It is completely involuntary and happens infrequently because I am pretty good at stopping just before I feel full. But every so often this happens - too much food and my stomach rejects anything over a certain amount. So bizarre. Anyway, tonight I ate too much. I had:

Appetizer: Ahi Carpaccio (Thin Slices of Raw Ahi Tuna, Wasabi Pesto, Creamy Avocado and Togarashi Aioli)
Dinner: Hibachi Steak (Slices of Hanger Steak and Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms over Onions, Bean Sprouts and a Soy Steak Sauce. Served with Tempura Asparagus and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes)
Dessert: White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake

We actually got the dessert to go and dropped it off at home. But we stopped for a Starbuck's coffee and that plus the dessert later....bleh. Too much! Plus I did not work out today so I feel just blarthy (it's a word. I just made it up.)

We also stopped at Best Buy because McKenna wanted some horrible Barbie movie (Magic of the Rainbow or something??) and I wanted to pick up The Andy Griffith Show: Season Two for my Dad. Then a quick run to Target so I could get some 3 lb. weights for my pilates workout. I also picked up the new Jergen's Natural Glow Firming Lotion for the face and for the body. I normally like the Coppertone Gradual Tan because it's more noticeable after just 1 use but I like the idea of the firming agent too so we'll see how it works.

I also picked up a blue dress for McKenna. She is OBSESSED with dressing like Wendy from Peter Pan and I'm so tired of seeing her put on her old blue nightgown every single day. It took some convincing because she immediately pointed out all the ways that this dress did NOT resemble Wendy's (Wendy has sleeves and Wendy's bow is in the back and this dress is nearly purple and has polka dots she says.) I'm about to buy a few of those spring dresses from Target and call them "dress up clothes" since she LIVES in dress up clothes when we're home. At least then maybe when I take her picture she'll be in something other than her princess nightgowns!!

Anyway, I do believe I am going to attempt to scrap tonight. I tried to last night and I just couldn't get into the page so I trashed it. I'll start fresh tonight. Hopefully I'm more inspired now.

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

Mmmmm Cheesecake Factory! I plan ahead when we eat there, and I fast for a week beforehand. ;) Erick! SMOKIN'!!! Tell Kyla that as she will inevitably be a middle child, to save the bickering for the good stuff...the stuff that will require therapy later. :)