Saturday, July 31, 2004

Well its official.....

I'm the mother of a one-year old. A beautiful, intelligent, energetic, feisty, affectionate, mischievous one-year old.

McKenna's birthday party went wonderfully. Thank to the help of my parents (and their S.O.'s), Erick's parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and our friend Sherri....we pulled together a very fun and creative party. All through the day I thought of how much work (not to mention money and time) everyone put into this day. I thought of how far people traveled to be there. I thought of the traffic people had to endure (apparently an exceptionally bad traffic day in So Cal today). I thought of the nap schedules and potty-training that had to be juggled. The time people took to pick out just the right present (and boy did she hit the motherload!) All of this to celebrate the first birthday of my little girl. And I felt blessed. I really am. To have so many people who love my little girl so freely that they would give so much of themselves for this special day. What a wonderful thing. I love McKenna with all of my heart and I am so grateful that she has so many people in her life who love her as well.

Thank you to everyone who helped to make this day special.

Here is a link to the pictures from her party!

No comments: